Who can enter
Before applying to the Prize, entrants need to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria. If you are not sure about any of the criteria, check out our Innovator Handbook, which also contains our FAQs.
- The Prize is open to entries from any type of organisation or group, as well as individuals aged 18 years or over. Consortium or partnership entries are encouraged.
- Entrants must have the skills and capacity to develop their solution during the Prize.
- Solutions must be suitable for beneficiaries in England.
- Entrants must be UK-based. If they are not UK-based, they must be partnered with a UK-based organisation. The UK-based organisation must be the lead partner for the entry.
- Intellectual property – entrants must own, or have written permission to use the intellectual property relevant to their entry. All entrants need to demonstrate a willingness to share information about their solution for the purposes of the Prize.
- We cannot fund activity which is party-political in intention, use, or presentation, nor to support or promote religious activity.
- Employees of Nesta, other individuals or organisations working on the Prize, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter.
- Successful entrants who applied as individuals must be willing to set up a legally incorporated organisation within the UK to receive funding. You will be able to use some of that funding towards reasonable expenses incurred through the incorporation process.